jacobs blog

the life of hmeshooling 13 year old.

Monday, March 05, 2007

A true birthday moment.

My birthday moment was a two days ago...

My friends ( Arlo, Aiden,Troy.) And my brothers ( Who may I add were not allowed to annoy us all night but did anywhy) Were preparing the cake.

It was a ice cream cake.. So it was hard to cut.

It all started with the lack of parents around during my birthday sleepover. First we had to find a candle's... We couldnt find the birthday cake candle's... Finally we used this huge candle which troy lifted to face level.

Next came getting the candle lighted... We had a lighter...

So Jonah tried to get it working... First he had to get the safety switch off.
So Jonah tackled it with grim determination. I hold my breath hoping it doesnt go on when Jonah is ready for it... My friends getting impatient tried to help him get on.

Great now I have 4 sets of fingers that hopefully wont get burned off.

Finally it turns on.. ( With no need to go to the emergancy room...) And we light the candle.

So now while holding the candle Troy starts up the singing. It ended up badly offtune... Luckly my mom and dad didnt hear it. Finally it end's and I blow out the candle.

Now to the cake... Yummy yummy cake..

Grabbing a huge butcher knife we begin the hacking of the cake.

First I started... I couldnt get it far because the cake was frozen.
The knife was handed to Jonah.. Than to Arlo Who his the biggest and strongest among us.

FINALLY the cake gets cut... and we eat frozn cake... Big whoopy doo.

And than we played Halo and Magic the gathering all night..

Thats a true birthday moment...

From Your ever finger cutting friend.

Areeee

6 Comments:

Blogger sag said...

I know I was playing hockey , but where was your other parental unit during this escapade

8:52 PM EST  
Blogger areeee said...

Sleeping and having little nice dreams... Unaware of the nightmare going on downstairs

8:59 PM EST  
Blogger Dave S. said...

Nice alibi, Dad!

2:25 PM EST  
Blogger LAM said...

I thought birthday cake cutting was a non-delegable parental duty. But then again, I gave up talking like that.

6:52 PM EST  
Blogger LAM said...

I thought cutting birthday cake was a non-delegable parental duty. But then again, I quit talking like that.

6:53 PM EST  
Blogger jjv said...

Of course my parents taught me that when cutting an ice cream cake, leaving the knife in hot water for a few minutes greatly aids in the effort. A heated knife cuts through ice cream cake easily.

However, it appears you could have just kept the blade above an open flame no problem for all the supervision they apparently have up there.

I enjoyed this post immensley. It does remind me of those blogs where the police catch criminals because they have posted their crimes. See your parents read this thing.

6:03 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home